|Job Description: ||
TRISUN Healthcare is currently hiring Licensed Vocational Nurses to join our Heritage Oaks West team in Corsicana, TX!
Organizes and directs assigned unit duties to provide quality nursing care to residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible during the shift for the total nursing care of residents in the assigned unit.
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with Federal, State, Local, and company regulations.
- Explains procedures and treatments to resident to gain cooperation, understanding.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Validates narcotic count with medication aide.
- Participates in narcotics count at shift change or when keys exchanged.
- Maintains safety and security of medications.
- Accepts medications from Pharmacy and conducts med count reconciliation with delivery personnel.
- Makes notations on 24 hr report throughout the shift.
- Transcribes physician’s orders to resident charts, flow sheets, medication/treatment records and care plans as required.
- Charts in nurses’ notes, medical records, and/or CARE Tracker, in an informative, factual manner that reflects the care administered as well as the resident’s response to care. Block charting is not allowed.
- Receives/gives report from/to nurse he/she is relieving/coming on - records sufficient information and implements appropriate follow-up action as necessary
- Follows established procedures for charting and reporting all reports of incident/accidents for residents and employees.
- Conducts frequent rounds to check on residents and evaluate effectiveness of care delivery.
- Checks items and food that is brought in by family members to ensure it complies with residents’ orders, dietary needs, and safety.
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician or Nurse Practitioner during treatment and examination of resident.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of resident.
- Conducts competency checks of non-licensed nursing staff.
- Observes residents, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of resident’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Follows up on no return calls and faxes.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of resident.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Actively participates in the focus room process per company guidelines.
- Completes monthly summaries based upon established schedules.
- Assists in completion of the care plans (acute and long term) and is involved in the care conference as deemed necessary.
- Assists in completion of the MDS and is knowledgeable in the MDS process.
- Participates, reports to DON/ Administrator and conducts (as appropriate) investigations related to any alleged abuse.
- Ensures that the progress notes are reflective of the care plan and that the approaches on the care plan are being followed.
- Assures that assigned CNA’s are aware of the resident care plan, and ensure that the nursing assistant refers to the care plan prior to administering care.
- Monitors that CNA’s documentation is completed daily.
- Takes report from CNA’s to facilitate accurate documentation in resident medical record.
- Initiates a resident education plan according to the individualized needs of the resident, as prescribed by Physician and/or policy including resident and family instruction.
- Follows TRISUN policy and procedure in the event a restraint must be utilized.
- Coordinates residents’ rehabilitation program with therapists to ensure 24 hour rehabilitation needs are met.
- Identifies residents at risk for nutritional problems and implements preventative measures.
- Records new/changed diet orders. Forwards information to the Dietary Department.
- Makes beds, bathes and feeds resident, when necessary.
- Assures documentation is accurately completed for admission, discharge and transfer.
- Supervises and evaluates implementation of the “Resident’s Rights”.
- Participates in department or unit quality improvement activities.
- Follows facility procedure requesting supplies and charges for items ordered through Central Supply.
- Participates and attends scheduled in-services and staff meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of necessary information.
CMA’s, CNA’s, and Restorative Aides on respective shifts Required Experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing program that Leads to LVN/LPN
- Experience and Skills: Prior experience as LTC nursing assistant preferred but not required.
- Certificates/Licenses/and/or Registrations, etc..: Current State of Texas Licensed Vocational Nurse. Good standing in the state registry is required.
- Other Requirements: Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability in order to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.